My Favorites

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Faceless Man

Deep in the recesses of the doll cabinet, under the Can Can doll's legs,

















 I found Faceless Man.



I pulled him out of the cabinet and said, "Faceless man, what's your story? You are dressed in a fine tailored wool suit, with a stunning top hat. Someone spent many hours painstakingly creating you. There is a small flower at your lapel. Won't you tell me what your expression can't explain?"


He didn't speak of course, being faceless. So I set him by the door and out he walked...


I heard tell, many people saw him along his travels. He was spotted at the post office...




The library...






                                      The high school.....



The hardware store...

And the diner...




Then he came home and I talked to him. I said, "Faceless man, my hearts for you to be all alone. I want you to meet some friends from the cabinet."

I introduced him to legless Helen, the disembodied twins: Hepna and Elmira, Moosey, the peg-leg mouse, and the wooden hands. 

Not being expressive, Faceless Man won't say much about his new companions, but I feel he is now in good "hands".....uh....
"heads".......uh.....
"pegs"?
Well, anyway, no matter what his story is, I feel like I've helped him
 "save face".....uh...


sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment