My Favorites

Monday, June 27, 2011

The Elves and the Shoemaker

Here is the timeless tale of the Elves and the Shoemaker.
Starring:
Willermus Knobel as the Shoemaker
Granny Goodknitter as the Wife
~and~
The Flying Gorgonzolla Brothers as the Elves

The old Shoemaker and his wife lived very happily in a tiny cottage bordering a small village in the country of who knows where.

He was a shoemaker, but not very successful. You see, he could make shoes, but he really didn't have shoe 'flair', if you know what I mean...

Anyway, one evening on a dark and windless night, the old couple went to bed..

...and while they were sleeping..


...two elves showed up and changed the Shoemaker's lifeless shoe, into a hip, colorful, couture icon.


When the Shoemaker awakened, he and his wife were astonished...so the next night, they left another dullsville shoe on the workbench....

and the next day......voila!


A shoe was created that was more lovely than the Shoemaker and his wife could even imagine.




 But that darned Wicked Witch swooped in, still looking for her left shoe
 (see blog 6/17)...

...and ruined the rest of the tale!

Witch:"I did not!"
Me: "You did too. You got your turn yesterday ."
Witch" "I did not, you had that despicable color blind casting and I'm green!"
Me: "You are just pouting because you didn't fit the ruby slippers."
Witch: "I am not! I wanted the emerald pumps all along!"
Me: " WHAT ever...Goodbye folks, tune in tomorrow for day three of~
Long Forgotten Faerie vs. Fairy Tales in the Making!"


Witch: "I'm still talking you know."
Me: "Yeah, I know...good-bye folks.."


No comments:

Post a Comment