My Favorites

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Love in Bloom

Maybe it's been the long winter,  the future forecast of 50 degrees all week, or maybe it's the new freedom some of the dolls have had since Jan 1, 2011. All I can tell you is that when I went to the cabinet to ask who wanted to be doll of the day today, I noticed something strange...Love is in the air!

Check out Flute playing man gazing at Kuwanyamtia!
 "I'm as restless as a willow in a windstorm," he tells her. "I'm as jumpy as a puppet on a string."

And look at Snowball nuzzling Granny Goodknitter!
"I'd say that I have spring fever," moons Snowball, "But it isn't even spring!"


Birds do it, bees do, but camels?
The camel speaks, "I'm starry eyed and vaguely discontented. Like a nightingale without a song to sing."


The Flying Gorgonzolla twins chime in for Shirley Temple...
"Oh why should we have spring fever, when it isn't even spring?"


In the European corner..
They all seem to be in rapture with Ulgah, the Swiss immigrant. "I keep vishing I vere somevhere else, valking down a strainch new street. Hearing vords that I have never heard from a mahn eyf yet to meet!" (I didn't know she liked men!)

Hold on, WHAT'S going on in this corner?
The American president's vying for Dorothy Gail? George, combing Dorothy's hair sings, "I'm as busy as a spider spinning daydreams."

Little Peter sings, 
"I'm as giddy as a baby on a swing."


Servvey, what do YOU see in the old Grannysmith, the apple doll?
"I haven't seen a crocus or a rosebud," Serrvey moans at Grannysmith, "Or a robin on the wing..."



"But I feel so GAY! In a melancholy way." (Kewpee doll looks scared).
But Mr. Chan picks up the ball, "That is might as well be spring.
It might as....well be..... spring."



Let's hope so!










No comments:

Post a Comment