My Favorites

Monday, March 21, 2011

The New Doll

Today, a new doll is joining the cabinet! I am not really looking for doll cab immigration, but I was in Illinois this weekend, and my sister-in-law, gave me her doll.

She didn't come with a name, but she seems to be from the early 20th Century, and possibly on the Amish side of the fence, so  I am going to call her Miriam Yoder.
Miriam, quite excited about her new life amongst the dolls and in northern WI, was busting to tell all about herself! 
"I am dressed in cotton underclothes and felt shoes. I also come by yarn hair and a lovely, spring pink organdy over-dress and bonnet.  My face is embroidered on, proof that someone spent many an hour and plenty of TLC on me!"
(Now, I feel she is over compensating for being adopted out, but I let her talk.)

And talk she does! I sit her on the big red couch in my living room, and she springs on about the modern mode of car travel, radios, fast food...
perhaps some relatives in this neck-of-the-woods....
the first day of spring, and wouldn't it be lovely if the snow melted away....



The next thing I know, she is in my bed chattering to JD and I about electricity, telephones, pillow-topped mattresses...
not having to feed the horses, walk to the out house...
pizza from a freezer to the table...
TELIVISION!!!

OK. Miriam. Time to go night night, make some elbow room, settle in with the other dolls. Yet, she sits on her suitcase dumbfounded that it only took 4.5 hours to get 250 miles here,...and she can call on a telephone anytime day or night to speak to her family in IL... and now we can chat over email on the computer...and she can wash her organdy over-dress in a real washer and not a wringer washer... and she doesn't have to hang it out to dry even in 20 degree weather, because a modern gas dryer can have it ready in 20 minutes...and...

and...


                      and....


And, Goodnight, Miriam!

No comments:

Post a Comment