My Favorites

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Little Nancy

Little Nancy used to be littl-er....


She was made by my name's sake, Aunt Nancy. She sits with the family in a portrait frozen in time. A younger, simpler time....



Then, Auntie created Little Nancy.


I can't tell you the joy I felt at having my very own doll made in my image. This was during the Barbie years, but it was before 9-0-2-1-0 dolls, and PeeWee Herman dolls, and Miley Syrus dolls. Nancy was handmade by my Aunt in my likeness, out of felt, stuffing and beads with dimples. 

As you can see, Little Nancy is currently very busy potting plants for spring. 


She has brought the impatience plant back to life after nursing it all winter.



She has planted a 100 teensy seeds, nursing, nursing, hovering, and waiting, waiting for the bitsy sprig of green to push through an inch of earth.




Little Nancy has honed her tools, and cleaned her pots in preparation.




  She's plotted her plots, thinking daily about garden whereabouts. Which bed and what bed, perennials, or seasonals. Water displays and rich black earth, squeezed between wandering fingers ......
only to discover....
the forecast
 for

 the 


        week......



SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Yet, she's still smiling!)


No comments:

Post a Comment